Saturday, May 25, 2019

A Good Few Days

























While I don't think there are many days
that one can call fully 'perfect' ...
I have a lot to be thankful for...
I was able to do my baking goals...
chocolate chip cookies, St Phanourios bread and a cake
for the Munchkin's birthday...
We went swimming this morning!
The pool was so COLD I was rather gasping for air the first minutes,
it was pretty intense, but then I got moving and was able to swim...
and enjoy it... and when I sensed I was getting cold again, I got out! 
We went out to dinner with a dear friend...
Please pray for my friend Photini who had been in hospital a while back,
she is having some unexpected complications...
My cousin Wes of course needs our prayers as he gears up to begin chemo...
I've been thinking of so many who have such hard situations,
with so much sickness...
it brings me to silence often, knowing that other than that God is with them,
that it is hard to understand suffering... 
Well, busy days.
I pray you are comforted/given the strenght you need to get through
the hard that you are dealing with
or are protected if given a time of rest... 

5 comments:

Granny Marigold said...

I like your spoon with the words engraved: Drink tea, Read books, Be happy. True, but life is never that simple, is it.

I recognize Peg Bracken's I Hate to Cook Book. I used to have it but don't any longer.
Have a blessed Sunday.

Lisa Richards said...

Prayers for Wes and Photini! What gorgeous, sunny weather you're having! Is that your house with the yellow flowers in front? Enjoy your summer!

elizabeth said...

Granny M ~ yes, life is never that simple! but I like the spoon too! Yes! Peg B's book is so fun! I found this years ago in London Ontario at a used bookstore and fell in love with it and with cooking, ironically! I think her book felt really sophisticated to me!

Lisa ~ thank for the prayers!!! No, that is not my house... but pretty flowers at a place in the neighbourhood! :)

GretchenJoanna said...

Swimming in cold water! My goodness. Was that invigorating? Will you do it again? Did you put your hair in a cap? It is always such a big production for me, getting all my stuff and myself to the pool and protecting my hair from the chlorine, etc etc... but I feel SO GOOD afterward. (My pool is not bracing!) Still, I haven't done it for ages, and I am beginning to doubt if I will again...

elizabeth said...

G-J: yes, I would do it again! I don't really put it in a cap, no... just shower after and use conditioner if I need to! I wish you would go swimming, esp as you feel so well afterwards!!!