Tuesday, May 28, 2019

The butterfly of happiness briefly lands...

 I went back to my NYC library today...
Returned Rochester's Wife,
the novel that helped me so very much with my eye worry,
with the understanding that I need to see how it unfolds and not worry
about it in the meantime,
just take it as it comes.... 
the whole book speaks of patience and the thoughts really crystallize in the pages 
below that I snapped pictures of right before returning it... 









 It's such wise advice... I love DE Stevenson's novels so much! 


I got another DE Stevenson novel out today! 
And A Solitary Blue by Cynthia Voigt.
Here (YA) novels are very engrossing... 








I went to Mr Husband's workplace in NYC
and had a really good salad and burrito with spicy lamb, spinach, rice 
and a mild salsa... and mint tea! and one frou-frou chocolate peanut butter cup! 
I walked over 2.5 hours total and did a lot of stairs (subway and library)
so a lot of good exercise today! 
Then we played the Intrigue version of Dominion at his work...
NYC, you can find unique things including game places.... 
it was really fun... really what I needed as it were...
so much heavy stuff on my mind,
it was wonderful to have great food (with no food prep or clean up)
and then playing a game that I was familiar with...
there were others at the long table playing games too
for a bit and it was nice to be with my Husband and near others too,
it was a great 'date night' that was just right.
I felt like a lot of our past unbloggable struggles really felt past...
and that we are slowly recovering from a few years of hard... 
things are not 100% in recovery/rebuilding yet but a lot better... 


So the reflective bubble wrap came today,
I laughed when I saw how big it was!
I thought it was going to be not as long but much thicker 
but it will work just fine and we can store the rest in the garage... 
now I have to box up the things for my godkids to send it ... 
and I need to research shipping options...
***
I worked on some essays today at the library...
I am going to need some sort of way to move forward with them,
but this will unfold in time... 
***
Well, it's late again so I better sign off for now!
Wishing each of you God's blessings and help and comfort
in whatever you are finding yourself at...

3 comments:

Becki said...

The meal options at your husband's work sound like they may be pretty amazing. Having fresh fruit on the work lunch table looks pretty amazing. :) Glad you had fun visiting him at work for lunch. I always enjoy traveling to NYC with you!

Lisa Richards said...

I wondered where you were eating and playing a game! That's pretty cool! I enjoyed the peek into the D.E. Stevenson novel. She reminds me of me! I'm glad your unbloggable concern is being resolved.

Granny Marigold said...

After reading the pages from the book Rochester's Wife I really want o find that book and read the whole thing!
I'm so glad you are well on the way to recovering from issues that plagued you for so long. Blessings, G.M.