Tuesday, January 17, 2017

11th day of Christmas









Today was a day of adventures, in a way,
some unfortunate, one funny.
The funny is that I must of put dish soap in the dishwasher tonight.
I was going to go make tea and saw bubbles 
all on the floor under our dishwasher!
***
The unfortunate was that 4 of the 17 people (19 with myself and Mr Husband)
who were coming to my birthday party
got sick and are unable to come.
Such a shame!  I am really going to miss those who can't make it!
So now there will be 15, which of course is still a large group.
I am hoping everyone else can come!!!
I am really excited about the party, as is to be expected, of course.
I hope to use my Christmas Tree Spode dishes plus
white and gold, and my prettiest tea cups,
and my vintage-got-at-super-great-prices silver plate flatware!
And I found red and green napkins (thrift store in MI!) for this,
and a nice green table cloth for the large table (for about 1.00!!!)
I am really excited for everyone to see my home 
decked our for Christmas and to have a nice meal 
together! I am so hoping that everything goes well for it!
I have not had a birthday party for girlfriends in over 10 years
and thought that my 40th birthday was worth celebrating!
***
Mr Husband and I seem to be really turning that corner that I 
sensed yesterday...
I am still coughing a bunch lately 
(only last 2 days...)
I will call a nurse, but I honestly don't feel sick as much
as just having a dry cough and needing to regain strength. 
***
I am loving my new Christmas Rooster (third picture).
We decided to name him Chanticleer, since
Chaucer had his Rooster of this name...
And the group of the same name I mainly listen to
their Christmas music...
Here's their  2016 performance,
I was not able to go this year but have been in that NYC
church 2 times for their Christmas concert, it's really nice!


We had a Walton's date again; we are now in Season 2
and are really enjoying it!
I've still be enjoying different teas as well.
I've had 2 nights of insomnia, so I had
some sleepytime tea tonight,
hoping it does the trick!
And this was the 11th day of Christmas!
Christ is Born!
Glorify Him!


3 comments:

Sara at Come Away With Me said...

It is lovely to see all your Christmas posts, your home is so cozy and festive. I am seeing a lot of Elizabeth Goudge there too! She has good things to say about roosters and I wish I could remember what that involved but I know it had something to do with Christ. Maybe it's in her autobiography or perhaps you will come across it in the new bio you got. Chanticleer is such a lovely name I've always thought. Thank you for sharing your days with us, and all prayers for continued healing for you both.

Nancy said...

I hope all goes well with the party!

elizabeth said...

Sarah, thank you so much for your very kind comment!!! Oh, I would love to know what E. Goudge said about Roosters! :) thank you for your prayers!!!

Nancy, thanks so much!