Tuesday, May 21, 2013

Life and what is needful


Later I was telling Mr. Husband about this
and about Metropolitan Anthony's book
courage to pray
which began a new life and opened new worlds to me.

I read this book over and over when I was
new to Orthodoxy and
as I was far away from home
and my first church in BC.
It instructed and comforted me.

So I pulled it off the shelf
and intend on starting a re-read of it.
It is time.

Mat. Anna blogged a piece that speaks to
what our life can be.
and then so soon after I came across
another blog asking
what do we want of life?
 
Each of us must answer this.
A new baby was born to a newer friend of mine.
So happy.
She one day will have to answer this question also.
In truth,
we are always asked and always answering.
*
In big and little ways.
Lord help us.
This prayer one realizes with time is vital to us here in this time:
Lord save us whether we want it or not.

2 comments:

Martha said...

Pretty roses...I ♥ the yellow. Your friend's brown shawl is amazing! And her spiritual ponderings are thought-provoking. We will be upon Pentecost before you know it, I've never heard an analysis like that, but I like it. Reflecting on life a little more.

elizabeth said...

Thanks for your comment Martha...

it is a pretty popular blog ~ it's a Catholic one ~ so the ideas there will be more of that nature ~ it was the story of how her spiritual life began in her adult world that made me think to link up to it, as my life in a lot of ways began with reading Met. Anthony's book....

so would take her theology to be Catholic and enjoy her as such :)