Wednesday, November 25, 2009

Thoughts Amidst Moving

Everything is uprooted
when moving.
I really want to learn French;
I know this.
But I do not know to what end.
*
I have been thinking over the questions I had this summer.
The what do I want to do with my life?
questions.
**
I told my Mom today over the phone
that I am thinking of
applying
to academic programs
for English Lit
and that French would help me to this end.
PhDs need one or two languages.
French is a language.
***
So I told her,
I am going to try to learn French.
Take eight months intensive courses
apply to programs
see what happens.
At the same time French
can open doors to jobs
in government
and
in
libraries.
I am trying to be open to the varied
possibilities
that may become my life.
But the English Lit question
I now declare
is not
a
closed
finished
question.
****
I have questions about the 16th Century
that I want answered.
This century was a pivotal one for Western
society
and began much
that we are seeing
in fruition today,
good things
and
not so good things.
*****
These are some of my thoughts
amidst moving.
I pray that God will help me stay in the present
while seeking to discern
His will for my future.
Glory to God for all things.

No comments: