Monday, November 16, 2009

Going Forward / Moving On

Tomorrow I will get my money back in late afternoon.
+++
I am looking at a place that I looked at before
(different apartment in same building).
It is not downtown,
but with having to move out in 2 weeks,
I don't have the luxury of time to keep looking.
(My landlord cannot keep me on longer as my apartment is already rented).
+++
I have to keep packing.
+++
I have to forgive the landlord who failed me.
My spiritual father told me a good prayer to begin the process of forgiveness is:
Lord, please do not hold any of these things against [him / her] on judgement day.
+++
I am so glad I will not be living in that apartment.
It is not easy to forgive someone and really,
though there has been great unkindness,
there has been much worse
and I must learn to be as God,
gentle, compassionate, slow to anger, slow to speak.
+++
Nativity Fast has begun for many;
my Church begins at the end of this month.

I too need to repent
and seek to prepare my heart of Christ's Nativity.
I am glad I have time DV to move before the fast begins...
May the Lord help and have mercy on us all.
Amen.

4 comments:

Michael Hermann said...

Elizabeth
That is a good prayer for me / us to begin with too.

Your in my prayers.

Elizabeth @ The Garden Window said...

Elizabeth, I really wish that I do not live an ocean away so that I would be able to come help you with your packing.

All I can do is assure you of my prayers, and send virtual hugs.

Janelle thegeekywife said...

That is a very good prayer indeed!

elizabeth said...

Thank you very much M for your prayers; thank you E for wishing you could help me here, I appreciate it; thank you GW also!