Thursday, September 23, 2021

My own lentil soup recipe (so I remember)

Hi friends!  I was thinking about lentil soups and remembered this one.  I may have put it on my blog before, I am not sure but here it is. Oh I just found it!!! It's HERE.


Here's the info on the soup:
I ad-libbed the lentil soup... I added 14 oz chopped Italian plum tomatoes, cinnamon, coriander, turmeric, chili powder garlic, ginger to this soup...and poured approx 1 cup lentils, 1 cup macaroni noodles, plus 1tsb vegan 'chicken' bullion, over 2 cups water, ... sauteed one chopped onion, 1 large carrot with oil then added spices and tomatoes + bullion... then lentils, water, macaroni a bit after the lentils...I added a bunch of fresh spinach at the end and cooked that in... I forgot the lemon juice but that would have been fabulous drizzled over... it was good though and I added salt and pepper to the individual bowl that I ate! (Most of the changes other than the pasta were suggested in the first 2 comments to this recipe). I would say I could add more spices as it was 'warm' in flavour but could have some additional depth with deeper spices. It was good however and best not overly spiced! Too much could ruin it... I really liked how the macaroni made it 'soft' and a soup that was 'easy to swallow' in feel, warm comforting and filling! Perfect with some french bread on the side!
Recipe found here.

***

I dream of making soups again later this fall! 

1 comment:

Lisa said...

Cinnamon, coriander and turmeric - that sounds nice.