Friday, September 17, 2021

Friday: Tender, Strong with Tears

 








A friend of a friend called in tears
within minutes of her call;
an older friend of ours is very possibly on
her last weeks of life.
We hope to visit this dear one soon.
***
Another one I love was considered for hospice
but is now better;
a member of my extended family's Mother
(who is a great grandmother) is now on hospice
for better pain control.
Another friend's Mother has the C-19-you-know-what
and is hospitalized with pneumonia as I type this.
***
It was not until tonight that I realized how this was
impacting me, how inwardly sad I felt
and also with the difficult PT experience
and the pain I had,
I really was struggling a bit.
***
But once I realized this, understood it,
then I was able to be tender towards my own self;
to understand how hard it would be to have this all;
and there were other things as well, of course.
***
I am loving Sally's new book, I read the first two chapters I think.
I love it because she does not deny pain but reminds
us of the hope and stability we have in Christ.
I feel like reading her book is like a boot camp for the soul.
It's a deep reminder of things God has been trying to teach me 
for over 20 years.  So it feels like I am returning to a 
school that I've been at before, as if for a refresher
or a new course of boot camp, as it were. 
***
I am pondering again the need to take care of myself
while being so aware of the pain of others.
***
I am still behind on many things
including emails in part because 
I can't be at the computer sitting as long.  
***
I am so thankful for all the good in my life.
there is still so much there.
***
The pictures of the pasty and salad are from 
Tea and Sympathy where I was on Thursday in NYC!
***
May God have mercy on us and save us!

4 comments:

Granny Marigold said...

It's not easy to keep one's spirits up when those we love are struggling with pain and even facing their last weeks of this life. It's wise to be good to yourself now ( and, really, all the time). Take care, GM

Gretchen Joanna said...

May God uphold you, Elizabeth!

Lisa said...

I like your pictures of the plates - very appealing. But don't overdo!

Martha said...

Sounds like a good book for this time!