Saturday, September 02, 2017

under the weather + gifts + making + thankful!















Thursday found me more tired than normal
and by the later afternoon I was in bed
working on the many coloured blanket,
having popcorn...
I got a beautiful gift from a dear blog friend of
deft, very special handspun yarn, tea and a homemade bag!
Friday I woke up and knew I was not well.
The Sinus, as "Mouse" in Anne George's mystery books
would say.  Chills (but no fever), aches, throat scratchy, 
voice sounding "sick"... 
and I got another unexpected gift, this time from
my quilting-friend now in CA of more washcloth yarn and a letter!
I also got the book I ordered about TWU, where I finished my 
Undergraduate years.
I am enjoying it.
Mr Husband was home. I managed to make lunch but not dinner.
Saturday, today that is,
I was still unwell.  Mr Husband was home as it is the weekend now. 
I was able to make my beloved lamb and rice dish, which I doubled
so that DV when we have our staycation we have leftovers to eat....
I am so thankful that God let me make that dish,
as my throat is still quite raw feeling, very sore, and the lamb dish
is warm and soft, easy to swallow. 
And today I got a book (Kristin Lavransdatter)
I had been wanting to get for some time!
Jane had offered this book to whoever wanted it 
and I happened to be the first one who responded so she
sent it my way!  Again, I am really grateful!
 I was telling a friend that while I have been recovering this summer,
I have gotten so many unexpected care packages, books and such...
I feel like God is using each person that has sent me something to 
remind me that He cares about the details of my life and
loves me, unworthy as I am.
I told my friend that I don't know why God is being so kind in this way
but that I really appreciate it! 
***
So, we still have some unbloggable concerns. :( 
But we have to trust God in the midst of everything.
***
I am finally reading a book, a novel called Jordan's Bend,
that a dear brother in Christ gave me years ago in Ottawa
and the other day when I was trying to figure out what to read
(Kristin Lavransdatter had not yet arrived!), and 
suddenly remembered it and went and searched our library
until I found it.... finally, the time is right to read it... 
***
I hope to go to church tomorrow morning; I did make it to
vespers; sat for much of it (Orthodox churches have lots of standing)
because of being tired + foot in boot standing does not work for 
long periods of time...
I get my boot off DV this Thursday!
***
I am doing my best to NOT pass on my illness to Mr Husband.
Please pray for this if you can...
I hope to be better soon... I will keep resting a lot,
am having tons of cold teas, meds, vitimins, etc etc...
and I got out my warm comfy down-filled comforter and it's
raining outside, the dishwasher is running and my Husband is
in the livingroom as I type... 
***
God bless you all and I hope you all have a peaceful Sunday!

10 comments:

Lilly's Mom said...

May God bless you dear Elizabeth. You are always a light to all even during difficult times. I do hope you feel better soon. I know how miserable a scratchy throat, etc., can be. Thank you for sharing these great books. Hugs, Pat

Lisa said...

I have yet to read Kristin Lavransdatter, but someday... :)
Hope you're improved today.

Elizabeth @ The Garden Window said...

So sorry to read you are unwell. May God grant you a swift recovery to full health.

The book is on my list too, please let me know what you think of it!

Helensmum said...

Hope you feel more comfortable soon.
Warm wishes
Ann Marie

elizabeth said...

thanks everyone! I have a flourishing head cold, it think it will take a bit of time to recover but I have been able to rest and have lots of good liquids and food. :)

Thanks for your encouragement Pat!

Elizabeth, will do! I read the first page or so and it seems quite wonderful! :)

Thanks Ann Marie! I am hoping to be better day by day...

Lisa, thanks. not sure if I am improved quite yet but I am at least well provided for, warm enough and such.

Mat. Anna said...

Not sure why this post didn't show up until today for me, but ah well. I hope this is a very short-lived cold and that your husband doesn't catch it! We were sick buddies home from church today.

Tracy said...


Oh, Elizabeth... so very sorry you're down with a cold now too! :( Praying that you will be on the mend soon, and that your Husband keeps well! And praying for the Lord's mercy upon you in all other ways... So sweet with all the LOVELY treats you've been receiving. You have a VERY generous heart, so it is very easy for others to be generous to you in turn. Your lamp is bright, and it encourages and inspires us all. :) Be taking good care there... God Bless you, my friend! ((LOVE & HUGS) P.S. Kristin Lavransdatter--it is sooo GOOD!! Don't watch any of the movies and other things based on this story. The book is the best.

Paula said...

Hi! Hope you got lots of rest this weekend and are feeling so much better. It always feels worse to be sick in the summer time.

I've looked at that 'Kristin Lavransdatter' before. You'll have to let us know how it you like it. I think you would like "Vanessa and her Sister"

Feel better soon.

elizabeth said...

Hi Mat Anna, yes we were sick buddies! :)

Tracy, thanks!!! I was wondering if you had read the KL book as it is in Norway! NO worries, I will stick to the book!!!

Paula, thanks so much! Yes, will try to let you know about the KL book ! :))) I still have a funny voice and a lot of congestion but my throat is not as raw, so that's something. I will be resting a few more days I am thinking at this rate, but if my Husband stays well, I will be happy.

karen said...

I hope you feel better soon and not pass on the illness. (lysol...) I also pray that your unbloggable concerns resolve themselves!