Friday, September 15, 2017

We made it there and were with...the Kursk Root icon of the Mother of God








I am so so thankful.
Liturgically it was the Church New Year,
yesterday, on September 14th.
***
The Kursk Root icon of the Mother of God is so special.
The first time I saw it was in 2011, late December,
my Husband and I were dating long-distance and
it was when I entered the Church with this icon 
visiting, that I knew that I could marry the man
who is now my Husband.
The Mother of God made it very clear to me.
So this icon is so dear to me.
My Husband, years before I knew him,
had this holy icon in his house,
and once he stayed overnight in a home that this icon was
staying for the evening.
So we both care very much about this icon.
Here are some links about it,
here is a bit of history, here is more and with miracles, 
here has a picture of the icon without the covering and here is more stories and 
here is another story and history and this one tells of how it survived
a direct attack against it. 
***
I was able to pray for so many on my heart
plus for my Husband and myself,
as this past year has had so many difficulties for us.
***
I would say both of us have colds now.
I am trying to balance my life, 
in terms of rest, making food to help us heal and
keep the house in order. 
***
My Husband is working from home today,
we are planning on staying local for Church
and trying to rest.
***
I am so very grateful to see this icon in the Church New Year.
Bishop Nicholas spoke of patience, of the will of God,
being willing to bear our Cross, to have a new beginning,
to forsake our sins and leave them behind,
of the consolation and help we can have from the Mother of God,
to beg for her help.
***
Indeed. 
***
"Brought low am I, O Virgin, in a place of sickness and in a dwelling of anguish. 
Grant healing to me, transforming all of my illness into full healthfulness."

5 comments:

Martha said...

Happy new year! The icon is beautiful, and so is your church!!

Mat. Anna said...

Glory to God for this great blessing! Through the prayers of the Theotokos may you and your husband be healed from every infirmity.

Nancy said...

What a blessing to be able to venerate this icon!

Elizabeth @ The Garden Window said...

What joy!
Prayers for a speedy return to full health for you and Mr Husband.

Lisa Richards said...

Glad you are being so blessed and praying for healing and comfort for you and your husband. :)