Tuesday, September 26, 2017

NYC and today





 So, made it to and from NYC.
Was really blessed to have a seat coming and going.
We went during rush hour, it was a full train, but after 1 stop
a gentleman got off and I explained that I needed the seat because of 
my still-tender foot post-ankle break. 
Given my Husband's bad wrists, we did what we did a week ago,
when God blessed us with a seat, I sat on his lap. :)
And then the woman next to me, a lovely one with a nice
green shirt, got up and let me sit there, so we had 2 seats. 
So that was a blessing and when my Husband got off for work
(I had to keep going), I took his seat, warm and put my hand where his was,
warm from just being present there; I must say I can feel a bit adrift when 
he goes off and I stay, but I am used to it and the woman sat back down
and we went 2 stops further, to 33rd street where we got off
 and I walked slowly and took an
elevator so that I did less steps and was easier on my foot.
Then I had toast and eggs for breakfast, with good jam.
I had to wait for that jam as they did not give it with.
Then I caught a cab to where I was going this time,
then back to the 14th street PATH line, where
I went to lunch first and got the roast beef sandwich,
which was surprisingly delicious. 
Just a dab of mayo, roast beef and toasted multi-grain bread.
I also had a cup of tea, which was re-filled 3 times, with 1 sugar/time.
I actually did not order the tea, but found that I was very thankful for it
when it came and they did not charge a huge amount for it.
Tea, such a wonderful thing. 
There was a woman, a different one, who also had that same
colour green shirt and she ordered a hamburger and fries,
smelled so good.  She had tea and a cough.
When I got up to leave, she said to me, 'take care' and
I was touched by that. Well...
After this, I went home.
Later I had one lovey tea cup of hot chocolate.
****
We have some more unbloggable things going on
and well, that's part of life, right?
****
Tomorrow is the Church Feast and I have to be in NYC 
again on Thursday, but not as early.
****
I've been wearing my lace up boots in and outside
that seems to really be helping.One day at a time...
For any who prayed for my day today,
thank you. 
****
ps: I want to make these chocolate cookies
pps: listening to this today, again 

2 comments:

Lisa Richards said...

Sounds like a good day! A cup of tea sounds good on this cold, drizzly fall evening. Thanks for the idea! :) Looks like we're both reading Madeleine L'Engle. ;)

Mat. Anna said...

(((Hugs))) You're in my daily prayers.