Thursday, September 21, 2017

Today, a Feast Day, a day (happy) together










So today is the
I know many people make cakes on this day,
for the Mother of God's birthday, a simple
but concrete way of celebrating it.
It was really nice to be at our far-away church again
and have liturgy there.
We had a lovely lunch (I had a lamb shish-sandwich
and delicious rose-water lemonade, with free refills).
Then Mr Husband and I went to IKEA!
I am really excited because
my parents (DV) are coming! Soon! Beginning of October!
So we got some new (white billy with doors) bookcases
for bedroom + office... they will be delivered tomorrow night...
It was so nice to be with my Husband all day!
(He took the day off work!)
I no longer have a cast or air cast or brace!
I wore my smaller (kind of like high high tops)  brown leather boots
for a bit more support and I managed just fine!
I still need to do some elevation or ice at night at times,
swelling, some soreness but I am making good progress.
I had the strangest thing in that (until PT yesterday)
I could not properly get my (injured) foot in my boot...
it was like my foot was not at all lithe or able to bend 
naturally into it! My PT said that this was because my calf muscle was too 
tight so we did lots on that yesterday and today I could get my boot
on with no problems! So that was neat!
We are still recovering from colds, my goodness.
But we don't seem to be worsening at any rate, so hoping that
in week or so we will be much better.
I felt like this was one of our first days in months where
we were together and doing church + fun things.
It was a nice change.
I also took The Two Towers with me to read,
I sat in IKEA various times to rest my foot... 
These are busy days; I have a busy week coming up.
If I don't write much here, 
that's why! 
May God bless and keep us! 

6 comments:

Sara at Come Away With Me said...

So glad to hear you are doing much better and can get your foot into the boot! Yum, IKEA Swedish meatballs with lingonberry sauce! That's a treat.

Tracy said...

Belated Feast Day blessings! A cake to celebrate the Mother of God is a wonderful thing! So VERY, very happy for your that your parents will be coming to visit you! And so wonderful that your foot is free!! Praying you both will be turing the corner, and keeping well for family times soon! God Bless these happy days as your prepare and look forward... With Love, In Christ ((HUGS)) P.S. We have the Ikea white Billy bookcases too (no doors, though)... ;) I think we all have have those, don't we?! haha...

Nancy said...

IKEA meatballs,yum! A new IKEA is opening in Halifax next week. So exciting!!

Nancy said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Nancy said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Lisa Richards said...

So glad you're feeling better and getting out and about! I've never been to IKEA, but it sounds like fun. Keep on taking care of yourself and enjoying your freedom! :)