Thursday, September 14, 2017

The last few days



















So, I've been a bit up and down in terms of worry
because I think my beloved Husband is coming down with something,
he's valiant but struggling.
So I made, begun yesterday and finished today, 
And I saw that I made this just days before +Patrick died.
This time around I put in a bit too much sour cream,
but it is still delicious. 
And I remembered this immunity-strengthening soup that I made when I was feeling 
better but Mr Husband was still recovering,
last winter when everything bottomed out.
I hope to make this soup next week Tuesday.
***
Today I went to my local church for the new calendar
Feast of the Cross. 
It is also the liturgical new year today and DV tonight
we are going to see the Kursk Root Icon at our far-away church.
I am praying for healing for us there,
as we both have had such a hard go this year.
***
Next week is going to be a bit busy, NYC Monday,
Church Feast Thursday DV. 
The week after that I have 2 NYC trips and the 
Church feast that I went to liturgy today at our
local new calendar church.
It's complicated with the old and new calendar
but we do what we can and I go to the new calendar feasts
because where is better to be than church and the awesome
privilege of having Holy Communion.
*** 
Thanks everyone who commented on my blog this week;
it's really helpful to get feedback when I am processing things
and trying to move forward in it. 
***
Oh, the other day my Husband wanted grilled cheese with
turkey bacon; it felt so good to make this for him.
And I got to use my new sandwich tongs,
which I am finding many uses for!
Just wanted to mention this as it's something
I am taking delight in.


I've been enjoying this mix of music... 
I am finding that I need beautiful music in my day...
I am still a bit congested but a lot better
and I am really hoping I can stay well and be able to 
function more normally again, after so many months of 
being unwell with my broken ankle.
I am still wearing the ankle brace and have not been 
able to go to PT as much for various reasons but
hope to go tomorrow. 
***
Please pray for a couple who is close to my heart
who have a big meeting in the next week
about a foster child they would
love to adopt.  I can't say more than this for obvious
legal reasons but I do ask your prayers.
***
I thank God that He has given me the strength to make the soup
and for all of His blessings! 

4 comments:

Mat. Anna said...

What a blessing to be able to venerate the Kursk Root icon! I do hope you both can go. Through the prayers of the Theotokos!

Tracy said...

Blessed Feast of the Cross--such a beautiful celebration! :) Beautiful, uplifting music is necessary, I think. I listen to church-related music a lot during the week, and it helps my spiritual focus. Lately I've not been able to get to church extra, so liturgy and music online lift so much! Wishing well and blessed times these next days--both you and your husband! May he be keeping well... and you too! With LOVE, In Christ ((HUGS))

karen said...

I find there is always something for me to worry about and when there isn't well that is a blessed moment. I hope your husband stays healthy and you as well! My daughter will be here on Tuesday to continue her recovery after her emergency surgery, I cannot wait to see her it has been since march!

elizabeth said...

Mat Anna ~ we made it!!!! Will try to post some pictures later :) of course I already emailed you :)

Tracy ~ yes! so wonderful! It is a blessing to have online resources for when we can't do extra church! I know all about this!!!

Karen ~ yes, it is hard not to worry, even though Christ tells us not to! It's one of my struggles for sure... I am so glad your daughter is coming!!!