Friday, January 15, 2016

On the 9th Day of Christmas....


We continued to feast on St. Basil's bread...and drink copious cups of tea...


We found, used at a very inexpensive price, a book on Tolkien's Art...
we enjoyed sitting together for a spell and looking at the pages...


We really enjoyed our Christmas setting, 
the 12 days of Christmas are a time that we get to sit together a bit more...
and look at books and drink tea... 


I had wanted to get this book (above) for Mr Husband a few years ago,
but we really wanted it at a lower price than what was on the market then,
so this past year we got a library discard at a much more reasonable price....


It was a Tolkien year for Mr. Husband...


We now have 4 blue and white Christmas plates to put up above our windows,
where the Christmas tree is.
This DV won't be done until later, when we have family to help us....


Mr. Husband very kindly gave me these two books! 
Spiritual reading is something I always try to do but often feel I fail at doing enough of.
Managing time is a challenge, with the various projects and church things
that I am involved in.




My sister and brother-in-law sent us the nicest presents,
a lotion and lip gloss set for my birthday and
a yummy Christmas present of caramel corn!!! 
And the sweetest card! 


My parents gave Mr Husband an early Belloc book.... 


I got some tea for my cold (day 5 now), some vanilla beans and wine that I had
to decide, with help of social media, on which is for the Roast (the one on the left).


 Pictured above is cheddar cheese and an dried apple treat that 
comes all the way from Lithuania.
We love it and love having it with cheese and crackers.... 


We had a fun and eclectic meal for dinner!
Left overs, cheese and crackers, salsa and salad with cashews.
*
And so it was a very good 9th day of Christmas...

No comments: