Wednesday, April 15, 2015

Bright Wednesday Yarn Along


Holy Week as too busy to begin with to
work on my beautiful blanket.


I did make about 4 or more washcloths,
not all pictured here.
*
As many of you know,
my beloved Mr. Husband and I are still
so everything is a bit of a blur.


I had gotten this lovely small icon of
Christ's Resurrection
just a few weekends ago with my dear friend
and her sister.
I was going to use it in my Pascha basket
but with the extreme lack of sleep
and inward disorganization that hovers in grief,
I forgot. So next year, God willing.
But at least it is out now in our home 
and it is offering much beauty and consolation.
The hope in Christ and in His 
Resurrection is huge, esp in this unexpected time.


Thank God I had the house clean and set up for Bright Week
before I left.
And my friend gave me some beautiful Pascha eggs
that I have put around the house;
I hope to do a blog post about our Bright Paschal decorations
in our home.
*
I have not read books lately other than Holy Week Services.
*
I am going to be getting these two books though:


Image result for Lament for a Son

I read the one above years ago and 
it will be good to read it again.

Image result for A Grace Disguised: How the Soul Grows through Loss

I read the first edition of this years ago
when I was grieving the loss of a woman
who was like my first spiritual mother
who died when I was 21.
*
I am 38 now and I feel, with the 
grief I have worked through in the past and
with the prayers for the departed that we do as 
Orthodox Christians,
that I am better prepared to grieve in ways
that are more life-giving than
debilitating. 
That said, it's still a long road and I know that.
But the prayers alone have great healing power.
*
So about the yarn along button -
I can't seem to get it to work.
I have seen others use it but it just shows up as a
little jpeg box icon that you see when a picture is not
working. 
Any suggestions?
*
Do tell me what you are making and reading!





6 comments:

Elizabeth @ The Garden Window said...

Sending hugs, dear friend. Your blanket is progressing in leaps and bounds.

Lisa said...

so, so sorry about your loss. :(

Paula said...

Lots of love and long distance hugs!

karen said...

I've been thinking of you and your husband this week, sending prayers. Love your risen Christ icon. As always your blanket is beautiful.

Apseed said...

You're in my thoughts and my prayers.

Rosemary said...

You and your husband's godson have been in my prayers. It is indeed such a gift to be able to pray for the dead; the communion of saints is such a blessing and healing thing!