Tuesday, April 21, 2015

Blanket: the third section + two books


I started the third section of my blanket!!! I think this section may go on the 
side of the first section, for colour and texture reasons...
The light blue is not showing up with the brightness that is in 
it in this picture but at least you see that I 
am really getting a good handle on the seed stitch!


I am reading more of Melody Beattie ~ 
I knew her first in her fairly famous book
and her book The Grief Club
is intense and deals with loss of all different kinds, 
including some servere disfunction (i.e. some hard reading)
but it's helpful too for me to just read about loss
and about facing the loss, honouring the loss,
grieving it and going through the time of it. 


I am also reading the book
I read this book years ago in it's first edition,
and I am finding it quite helpful...
*
for a lot of healing and to grieve well...
I find books a real help to me in this...
*
So here is the three sections of my blue textured blanket:
it is really coming along!


I am going to do some different stitches
soon in the new section...


What are you reading and making?

7 comments:

karen said...

love your newest section of knitting, so pretty!! I hope your books give you insight and soothing hope.

Donna said...

That book sounds like something I should check out. Grieving is a long process - much longer than I ever thought it would be. I'm glad the book is helping you on your journey.

Heather said...

It looks lovely!

Lisa said...

Glad you've got yourself some good things to read to help with the grief which is always harder to navigate than we ever think it will be. Your blanket project is coming along and looking lovely! :)

Elizabeth @ The Garden Window said...

The books do look interesting. You're making huge inroads into your blanket!

Desiree said...

I am glad you have found books to help you through such tough times.

Your blanket is lovely. You are making fast progress.

Lucy Bowen said...

I hope the books continue to help your grieving.
The blanket looks great, love all the texture.