Friday, March 06, 2020

First presanctified liturgy



It was so very good to be at church
for presanctified liturgy,.
It's our 8th lent together, married, and I have 
many memories of Lents before at our local church,
that I don't miss my Ottawa church like I did at the beginning, meaning,
constantly and with great pain.
It was wonderful to come to church,
raining, with dripping umbrella, and know that I have a place to go, to be.
Wonderful to see Mr Husband come up the steps, from his commute from NYC.
Wonderful to have the first presanctified liturgy and kolivo with honey  and
a wonderful sweetened bread as well.


It really is wonderful to have traditions
and a layered by the years sense of what happens when.
Nothing stays the same though and I am just
trying to enjoy what I have right now.
***
So: the Virus.  It's come to NYC.
My Husband is one of the MANY who commute to NYC for work.
His company is doing more work-from-home starting next week.
I saw this coming.
It's one of the reasons I wanted to stock up on more food
because if Husband works from home,
that means MORE meals for me to make. 
So far he is going in on Monday and maybe Thursday.
I am supposed to go in next Thursday myself.
We will see if that happens next week.
***
I have a plan for a nice meal for the weekend:
noodles with fia sauce, sauteed mushrooms and onions, 
and thawed frozen spinach + a can of clams (drained). 
With a nice toasted bread on the side - maybe I will make a 
quick and easy garlic bread....!
***
I finished reading The Home-Marker and really LOVED it.
***
I watched this video by an Orthodox priest about the loss of Kobe.
It was really well done and by one who followed Kobe's career and appreciated him.

***
I am trying this Lent to do what I can to be more aware of God's presence in my life
and listening to things like this (above) help with that. 
***"
May God carry us to His Holy Pascha
and give us a Lent that, even in our small efforts, gives honour to God.
May God have mercy on us!

No comments: