Friday, March 13, 2020

No NYC for my Beloved Husband Either

By the late afternoon my Husband 
decided to not go into NYC.
At time of writing, they now have 95 known cases
and we just pray this does not balloon but it is in God's hands.
***
We went to a neighbouring town, where we first lived
when we got married, and went to Trader Joe's and Shoprite.
Yep. TP, paper towel all out at Shoprite (the main large grocery store 
in this part of NJ, though there are others).
I got frozen mushrooms at Trader Joe's, which I really wanted. 
I also got vegan chocolate LOL, cookies, oil and other frozen
foods for the fast (including more vegetables)...
We also got groceries delivered today.
I know, it's all a bit crazy, right? 
But now that my Husband is working form home exclusively,
that's a lot more meals to make.
Double for breakfast and lunch, and sometimes dinner
(Sometimes he has eaten at work). 
***
I was really tired today so this afternoon esp I rested a lot.
I think the stress of thinking I had to go to NYC and
then finding out that I did not have to go,
plus working extra hard this week as Mr Husband was home
from Tuesday on. 
But the dishes are clean, the supplies we did get tonight
are put away, we are so blessed and we know it.
***
I wrote this on social media earlier tonight and will close with that. 
***
62 to 95 in NYC. .... my Husband, after thought and input from various people, is strictly working from home now... lots of adjustments right now... but I feel even more strongly that this is a time for us to seek God's face, to ask for the peace of Christ, to not give up on learning to have HIS peace within us.... I am NOT at all saying it is easy to do... I tend to be a very anxious person and have struggled many times over the least weeks with this virus as I heard more about it etc. So I am NOT saying that it is easy; but it is despair to think that God can't help us in our times of great struggle to become peaceful, even if it is clawing our way forward and falling a million times. I know I have; shoot I remember when I was about 21 and I realized my whole being was riddled with anxiety. I am speaking of what I know, of one of my biggest struggles. BUT I have met people who have also struggled with anxiety and God helped them with it. We must never think that God can't help us with our worries, our fears, our overwhelm. Also we must NEVER think that God shames us for our weakness. NO. God loves us. God is our Heavenly Father and He WANTS us to come to Him honestly, to tell Him that we are afraid and to ask for His help. Let's ask God together; even if we fall one minute, we can ask God to help us up the next minute. Pray not panic! God loves us, He so wants to heal us...

3 comments:

Nancy said...

I am glad your husband will be working from home for awhile.

You would think that as Christians we would not have anxiety issues (I have them) but we are human and these things happen. Our faith and prayer will get us through. That can be hard to remember.

Take care!

Granny Marigold said...

I'm glad both you and your husband are staying safely close to home.
We went to do our usual Friday morning grocery shopping. The store was so full of people with carts piled high with canned goods, and yes, TP. I hope this panic buying calms down soon.

pleximama said...

What a comfort you have your husband at home! Praying that you and he stay well.