Friday, March 20, 2020

Prayer, Peaceful Prayer


My church in Ottawa has had 2 live streaming events of
praying the Jesus Prayer for the world at 10 PM,
the live streaming beginning at 9:45 (or there abouts!) 
See here for all of what they are doing online
and HERE for their youtube channel. 
I can't recommend this enough, as it really gives one peace.
***
NYC is getting really bad and I fear will get worse with the virus. 
I was fortunate to get a grocery delivery for next week,
which I got because I was unexpectedly woken at 2 AM
and grabbed an open slot. 
***
I am waiting to see if NJ is going to be in some form of lockdown soon,
as NYC/NY will be as of Sunday.
***
I talked with A in Romania (she managed to get the thyroid medicine
but there are still huge shortages of it and she will need it again in the future
and if she does not get it, the results can be quite dire).  
***
This is a very hard thing.
***
But there are really things you can do to make it 
through and deal with the fear and worry.
With Christ there is a fortress that is only found on the inside of a person,
in prayer with Christ in one's heart.
I am still a small beginner on really growing in this, from the point of view
of lived experience, but there is hope for it and that is enough. 
***
The Lord bless you all and may we know, as my priest said in 
today's live-stream for the Jesus Prayer for the World,
that God loves us all very much. 

2 comments:

Lisa Richards said...

I like how you describe Jesus as the fortress inside of us! We all need to grow in realizing this. Glad you have good, inspirational online services to watch. I'm doing this, too. What a blessing technology can be! We have plenty of time to pray for our families and those others God puts on our hearts. He is our source. Hugs!

Pom Pom said...

God be with you. xoxo