Sunday, March 22, 2020

A Purposely Peaceful Sunday









My Husband and I watched liturgy online this morning.
NJ has a lot of restrictions now so no church at present because of the COVID-19 concerns.
I did not read the news at all today.
I did everything I could to make this Sunday at home a special day,
the Lord's day, a day of rest, a day for peace and prayer.
***
We are halfway through Great Lent. 
***
I finally got through emails, first time I had any computer time at night all week.
I've not had a lot of time on the computer.
***
I read 4 picture books to my niece in MI via video chat on whatspp. 
We read these books:



It was really nice and good for my 3 year old niece as she misses
seeing other people, since they can't do much because of 
the virus and the need for social distancing. 
***
Tomorrow I hope to make two middle eastern dishes!
We will see!
I also want to make this bread!
***







I made Pasta for the weekend.
We went on a really nice walk.
I am dreaming of making Koek.
I also want to make a cherry pie
and before you know it April will come and I will need to make
my Husband a birthday cake...
It's a really busy time for me, with more meals (and thus more cleaning)
to do... but I feel like it is a blessed time...
but also a time that is hard and a real call to prayer.
***
God bless you and keep you!
May His face shine upon you!
May God protect us and those we love! 

6 comments:

Patricia & Fouad said...

Thank you for sharing these uplifting posts in time of need. I listened to vespers from your Canadian church this morning while I was on my walk. What a blessing to have these. Praying for you and all of us. 🙏🤗🙏

Granny Marigold said...

Parks are all closed here too. It's hard for parents to keep their children busy. It was so kind of you, reading to your little niece.
The second last picture, is that in front of your place? So pretty!
Keep well, G.M.

Lisa Richards said...

I totally missed my online church yesterday. It's not surprising. I thought it was Saturday on Friday and I've been off ever since! But I can go watch it in the archives. I'm so thankful for technology right now! Stay safe! Prayer is a great way to spend our time! :)

elizabeth said...

Hi Granny Marigold! No, this is a house a block from us, and I agree very pretty!!!

Lisa said...

Lovely to see all the flowers blooming at this time! Having deliberate days of peacefulness is vital - you are smart!

Diana said...

I'm so thankful for technology that makes it possible to still 'attend' church. Online is better than nothing. I can hardly stand the news right now -- it's easy to become overwhelmed with it all. God's got this, as He always does. We can do what we need to do and leave the rest to Him. I think on-purpose days of peace and abiding in God are much needed by everyone right now. Love to you, dear friend! Be safe and stay well! (P. S. Do not concern yourself about the boot anymore... I'm hopeful the pain may be calming down somewhat.)