Sunday, March 01, 2020

Quickly, a wonderful dinner party on the Eve of Great Lent




We had a truly lovely dinner party with
3 of our local friends.
I have made and lost (moved, life changes) so many friends,
this was a real blessing.
The fish soup was loved by my friend who does not like fish!
(You could not taste the catfish at all!)
The salad was perfect, yay!!!
Bread and then blini with ice cream, sour cream, farmers cheese,
apricot jam, cherry jam, honey, French Vanilla ice cream and a dusting of cocoa 
were the various accompaniments! 
Plus some chocolates from a friend! 
And a dessert wine and bread were from another friend.
So many blessings. 
I felt for one of the first times like I had something that was still
different than but closer to the spirit of what I had in Ottawa,
I pray it lasts.
People often move in this part of the world; I know I have to just
be thankful for what we have now.
***
I am trying to gauge how to do my last preparations for the 
c-virus that is no doubt coming.
Pray not panic! 
Prepare with a heart that seeks the peace of Christ. 
***
Well, it is late and I best be off to bed.
however, as it is the eve of Great Lent: 
we always ask forgiveness to begin lent... so I ask
your forgiveness as well!
Forgive me a sinner!
May God forgive!
***
May Christ carry us to His holy Pascha! 

3 comments:

Lisa said...

Forgive me, Elizabeth! :)

Pom Pom said...

What a lovely dinner party! You are a kind friend!

GretchenJoanna said...

That looks and sounds wonderful! As for the friendship and feeling of community lasting, try not to worry about it. One never knows what might happen in the future. Whether or not you ever have another dinner party together, that time together was a great gift, and it is unrepeatable! I pray you have many more occasions and get to know them better. I'm sure they did appreciate your loving care and good cooking!!

A blessed Lent, Elizabeth!