Tuesday, March 17, 2020

Tuesday: +Uncle Luke and many prayers


While I was lacing up my shoes for a walk with my Husband,
I checked my phone and saw the news:
Uncle Luke died this afternoon, at home, with his wife of MANY years,
and all of his family and his Pastor from his church.
A blessed peaceful death.
Memory eternal to a dear dear man whose last words
to me were about how life is so precious! 
May God receive his soul and comfort all of us grieving him!
***
Well, 814 at last count for NYC.
***
When my Husband and I took our walk, we avoided being near others.
social distancing is such a strange thing but clearly needed.
***
As far as I know I have a grocery delivery coming this Thursday
and I feel so SO SO blessed.
***
I made another batch of red lentil soup today.
A good lunch for me!
My Husband had leftovers...
***
It amazes me that it is only Tuesday night, I feel like the days
are so full.
***
Our local church had to make the difficult, even painful, decision to close
for the foreseeable future.
Our local priest is older and vulnerable to this virus.
I don't know what our far-away church will do,
I think it really is a day by day situation....
***
So tomorrow at NOON Holy Cross Monastery will be having a 
Moleben (a prayer service for a particular need) 
for the pandemic that is upon us.  
You can watch it HERE.


(This is a picture from my chromebook, ignore the bottom of the picture!)
***
Also Holy Transfiguration Monastery in Ellwood City streams
daily services and they have been SUCH a help and blessing to me!
You can watch them (or listen!) HERE.
***
I am getting a bit of rest and also relaxing a bit every day on purpose
to try to de-stress.
***
May God have mercy on us and save us!

4 comments:

Granny Marigold said...

Sending healing prayers and hugs for you and your husband.

Becki said...

My sympathies to you and your husband on the passing of your Uncle Luke. How reassuring and comforting to have such memories and knowledge of his faith.

Lisa Richards said...

Sorry for your loss. Uncle Luke has gained so much! We can rejoice for him! :)
I'm thankful for the internet and how it enables us to still receive good teaching from our churches even in times like these.
I think this situation is forcing many to relax and slow down. More time for the important things that many are too hurried to enjoy most of the time. Gotta look on the bright side! :)
Even in our tiny town of 400 restaurants have to close and only do takeout/curbside pickup. At least they can do that! That enables people to continue working. That's good.
Hugs and prayers for all.

Patricia & Fouad said...

I'm so sorry to hear your sad news. May his memory be eternal. 🙏😪🙏