Sunday, March 29, 2020

All the dishes are washed













Boy oh boy.
Hard days for us all.
I know Mr Husband and I are some of the lucky ones.
Yes, we are near NYC and NJ, my friend said, is growing 30% a 
day in cases of the virus. 
yikes.
We are fortunate because Mr Husband has his job, can work from home,
we have a well stocked pantry, that took me years to create,
and we have grocery delivery coming Thursday.
That is very very lucky to me.
So the hards.
Like everyone, living 24x7 at home is a challenge.
Most people are not used to living this way day in and day out.
Everyone has more work.
My Husband helps clean when he can and he really really does help.
I try to keep up on dishes and am making so many more meals.
it's 2 to 3x as much work.
And we don't have kids to mind in the midst of it.
So I know it is so hard for so so many.
All I can say is continue to seek Christ.
His peace.
Don't read the news more than once or twice a day.
Be careful.  Stay home.
My biggest fears are that I will either lose someone because they 
are in healthcare or because they did not stay home.
It's a real concern.
I try not to think on it too much
but wanted to record a little of what I am thinking,
with the hopes that one day I will be able to look back on this time and 
see what actually did happen. 
***
We had a nice breakfast.
I am trying to pick special teas for breakfast,
making Sunday different, special.
Mr Husband ate his pasta lunch with gusto.
I had lentil soup that I had made earlier that morning,
with pasta noodles. 
***
These are hard days.
We need to remember that Christ is there for us
and that when we get scared and start sinking,
like St Peter did on the water,
Christ is there to pull is up again.
***
God bless and keep each of you in His peace and 
in His protection.

3 comments:

Pom Pom said...

Hello dearie dear! Your house looks full of love and coziness! I had some Tension Tamer tea last night (I usually don't have hot drinks after dinner) Switching up the teas is a lovely idea!
Take care, sweet E.

Diana said...

I love that Stash pomegranate raspberry -- when I can find it and have a coupon, of course. Staying home is our daily life for us, but seeing how my older grandkids are forced to be home is heart-rending. Some of the schools here still have not figured out how to get schoolwork for all the children so they can continue their learning. I worry about my kids at their jobs because sooooo many people are not following social distancing or good hygiene. I've been keeping you guys in prayer for your safety and health, knowing that you're right in the middle of that mess. Kansas is still in the beginnings of the build-up yet, so it's going to get a lot worse before it gets better. Take care, dear friend! Hugs!

Paula said...

Ella is starting to get into tea. We gave her one of those cute one person sets where the tea pot sits on top of the cup and saucer. Her favourite is an orange chocolate one I found. It's caffeine free, except for a bit from the cocoa nubs.