Saturday, November 30, 2019

(97) Not What I Expected Today












This morning, over breakfast with Mr Husband,
I learned via email that a lady, Margaret (who we called Peggy),
who was in my local quilt guild,
died tragically in an accident last Monday.
May the Lord have mercy on her! Memory Eternal!
***
My Husband Husband deep cleaned behind, inside and under the fridge ... 
I washed the drawers, put them back and cleaned up the front 
and did a serious de-cluttering
.....hope to get a few new pictures to add this season.....
***
I was so tired this afternoon that a nap was in order!
***
At vespers, we read that our dear friend L, who came to us 
last Thanksgiving day, fell on Friday and was in hospital.
She broke her hip and was in OR when we found out. 
So my friend Photini and I went to the local upscale grocery store,
then out to eat (my Husband went home to do more prayers as he
is a Subdeacon) and then went to see our dear church older lady!
She was just out of OR when we saw her...
if you read my blog for a few years, you would know that
I knew this lovely lady L's Mother, Mat T. and use to visit her.
Her funeral was beautiful, I wrote about it here.
***
Our local church's Bishop was at church tonight and DV tomorrow as well...
***
Please remember my friend L in your prayers!
The hip surgery was a major surgery!
***
Also we are supposed to get snow/sleet tomorrow so wisdom
on how to visit her again soon is needed!
May God help us all!
Lord have mercy! 

2 comments:

Lisa Richards said...

Nice job of decluttering! I've never heard of that Madeleine L'Engle book. Is it good? Sorry to hear of the death of your friend and prayers for the hip surgery. Sounds like Photini has fully recovered. That's a blessing! Hugs!

Becki said...

Ah yes! I see what you did with your fridge doors. ;^) Mine got a cleaning off last week, too. I'm sorry to hear about the loss of a friend, and another in the hospital. I hope you're staying well. Keep safe in the snows!