Wednesday, November 13, 2019

(80) Well, that's how it is



All day I have felt this struggle with a sense of sadness.
I think to be honest, I should have tried taking a nap, sometimes that is all
it takes to feel better!
***
I did make a new to me cookie recipe, Tahini cookies and I think they are going to 
taste quite good! I was going to tweak the recipe and make them fasting
and then realized that the main margarine I had for baking had dairy 
inside it and I did not realize (Thanks I can't believe it's not butter!) ... 
And I just found that plain discouraging!
That and I burned some of the cookies I did bake. Boo. 
Nap, clearly needed.





 The cookies that did turn out though promised to be surprisingly 
delicious and I can't wait to try them tomorrow! 



I roasted vegetables for us for the rest of the week after the cookie saga.
And earlier I we (my Husband being home) took a walk in gloriously cold
sunshine filled day and that was great...
I think I am just missing my Romanian friends
(and my Serbian friend too!) and just feeling like all of my 
efforts to try to make local friends (or near local) is just 
crumpling up in a heap and I just want to howl about it. 
I promise you though, as I know these things, that I will feel better tomorrow.
And next week as far as I know I have an outing with friends from my 
far-away church and I will keep working on things...
***
I really hope to bake more and FAST.  I want to get my St Nicholas baking and
Christmas baking underway.  I had some baking-fails which means I am 
behind schedule. And to be honest my email inbox with a zillion calendar reminders
is just stressing me out. 
***
Enough of all that. Suffice it to say, it will all get done one way or another
and those cookies I made today, I hope to make more tomorrow 
and will keep working on my life and all that it has.... 

5 comments:

Nan said...

I'm sorry you had such a hard time. When I'm tired, I fall into those feelings, too, sometimes. Then the next day I wake up and have to remind myself I really was taking things hard because I was tired. Thinking of you.

Granny Marigold said...

I wonder if you're still tired after your time away. For myself I find after a wonderful time of being "up" comes a time of feeling low, both in energy and mood. It will pass and All shall be well.

Pom Pom said...

It’s okay to be tired and it’s okay to feel low. You do sometimes and then it passes and God is still so good. (HUG!)

Lisa Richards said...

Ditto what Pom Pom said! :) yea, sometimes a nap is all it takes. There may be some things you could cull from your to-do list so you could relax a bit and enjoy the holidays a little more. Sometimes we need t reevaluate what we "always do". Just a thought. I agree that you may be overtired after your trip. It takes time to recuperate. Hugs and prayers for you!

Elizabethd said...

I think ths is a bit of delayed reaction to so many things. Take time for yourself now.