Wednesday, November 27, 2019

(94) All Ready for Thanksgiving Day!


Only the very Good Lord could have helped me today,
I was tired before I even began! 
A quick rundown:

2 batches of cream orange Christmas cookies in freezer (had to use the cream up)
Yes, I am a bit crazy... however I got it done before I began the
Thanksgiving Day Prep.
***
And that prep is done too. As I wrote earlier on social media:
Every Thanksgiving day set up is different! 
And, while I am not judging ANYONE who is Orthodox 
and having Turkey (kindness and respect!!) 
we are having fish...first day of the fast...... 
So...EVERYTHING is prepped.... 
the potatoes, brussel sprouts, carrots, leeks are all roasted enough for easy reheating. 
The fish is prepped and resting in foil with oil, onion, lemon salt and pepper.
 Rice is ready. The cake baked yesterday. 
My table is set. My crockpot is at the ready. 
My friend hopes to come with wine, chocolate, 
possible flowers 
and croutons for my salad (I forgot them!).... 
❤πŸŽ‚πŸ«☕🍷🍾🍽🍴πŸ₯‚πŸ₯—πŸšπŸŸπŸŸπŸŸπŸŸ❤
***
And that's a wrap!
***
Blessed thanksgiving to everyone celebrating tomorrow! 
May God bless us with a day of peace and thankfulness! 

3 comments:

Elizabeth @ The Garden Window said...

Every possible blessing for your Thanksgiving, dear friend!

Granny Marigold said...

I hope all went well and you had a wonderful meal.

GretchenJoanna said...

I think this was my first Thanksgiving without turkey or other meat - because I ate at a skete nearby and they celebrated with fish :-) We did have quite a feast, and it was so sweet.

I should have used the rest of my day to start making Christmas cookies myself, but I didn't even think of it until I came here and saw how industrious you have been.