Tuesday, November 05, 2019

(72) {Romania and Serbia} the beginning










We flew out Wednesday night, October 23rd. 
I don't think either of us really slept on that 7 hour or so 
plane ride to Zurich.
My ears started hurting 2 hours before landing, I remember.
And then, when we were going through the Zurich security,
I realized an upsetting truth:
I had left my Chromebook at the TSA security line in Newark NJ airport.
My Husband and I were both shaken by this and by our fatigue.
After changing my google password, I took a 20 minute nap
on 3 chairs in the Zurich airport.
I woke up with this sense of peace and like my Guardian Angel 
had taken my Chromebook and put it safely away for me
to get when I returned. 
I was not as worried after that, though of course it was still upsetting.
We landed in Bucharest, it took a while to get our suitcases as
the conveyor belt stopped working for a bit. 
Our friend A.R. was waiting for us and he took us to first pick up A., 
his wife, who I was so very excited to see after 7 years 
since I got married in Ottawa and had that last lunch at So Good restaurant in Ottawa.
I told AR that I was so excited to see her, but quickly said of course I am excited to see you
as well and he immediately said, 'don't worry Elizabeth, I always understand what you mean'
which was at once typical of him and very comforting.
I had come home to the presence of two of my best friends.
Soon, after traffic, I was with both of them again, and 
we went to our Airbnb apartment and then to at restaurant nearby that I had 
learned about from the Airbnb reviews. 
We all had Italian food and they insisted on paying for our first meal
and we talked about so many things, including Heaven and typology, the incarnation of Christ
and of Cleo Cat who I was still missing a lot and who they had taken care of in Ottawa 
years ago when we all lived there...
By the end of the night, Mr Husband and I were so tired that we were barely coherent and 
after showing A. my silver ruffle dress and my necklace for the wedding,
 they wished us a good sleep and with promises to have a next visit tomorrow,
which was Friday October 25th.

No comments: