Monday, November 18, 2019

(85) One picture


I baked 3 triple batches of vegan brownie cookies; 
the one you see here has 1/4 tsp mint extract and the margarine was
mostly melted and did not need any extra moisture because of that... 
I was so happy to do these cookies!
Mr Husband teased me calling these 'brookies' (brownie cookies) 
but really because the word "brook-Keys" is a Dutch
 (local slang maybe of 50 years ago? or not?)
word for 'underwear'! Seriously.  Ask any of our family (we are both of Dutch extraction)....
remember our family motto is really
we tease those we love.
***
So some of these cookies slid into the oven door crack when I was taking them out
of the oven and talking to my sister-friend at the same time... 
***
Thank God it cleaned out fairly easily and somehow 
such baking disasters are much easier to take when talking with her! 
***
So I baked and did not clean up.  Oops.
I am having a later in the day hard time to keep resolve going.
But.  Well. That's how it is. 
***
Tomorrow I am going to NYC to meet 2 church friends and go to the Met!
I am excited about that!
***
Which means I better get to bed, tomorrow is going to be an early morning...
***
I am glad that I am getting more baking done...
with our trip and late Thanksgiving everything is happening quickly!
***
May God have mercy on us!

5 comments:

GretchenJoanna said...

I was baking today too, also vegan (except for honey) and I think I will post about it on my blog. Your cookies are cute going in to the oven. :-) Chocolate mint sounds so good!

I am only now finishing as it's time to go to bed, because I did so much cooking all day, I ran out of steam... By now I hope you are resting from your labors!

Granny Marigold said...

You sure got a lot of cookies made!
I hope you have a great day with your friends in NYC.

Elizabethd said...

They look delicious!

Paula said...

Ella loves those cookies. Makes food allergies easier when I have friends who bake yummy things that are safe for her to eat :)

Lisa said...

Oh, so many cookies! I hope I'll be able to make some nice cookies this Christmas season.