Friday, November 29, 2019

(96) Christmas Tree is Up!










Our Christmas tree is up.
I put Cleo's ornament on the tree first
(with a ribbon that came off my Christmas centerpiece a few years ago)
and then I put ornaments all around her,
as if for her... I am aware of a different side of grief/loss and that is
you don't have the animal (in this case) to love and you 
still feel all this love and can't give it directly to this dear departed one.
I felt a lot of love for Cleo; 
my Husband was happy to see her on the tree too; 
somehow I guess it felt like a bit of a meeting.
I love Cleo and always will. 
***
I am so thankful to God that I was able to get the "lion's share" of the 
Christmas decorating done now so that I don't have to do as much next week.
***
Mr Husband tested our DVD player (it's like a laptop but only plays DVDS)
as it has not worked earlier (volume seemed caput) but it worked today,
an answer to prayer! 
***
We are staying local this weekend as our local church's Bishop is visiting...
will be glad to not have the long drive as I am quite tired.
***
I pray that God has mercy on all of us in these very full busy days.

8 comments:

Elizabethd said...

Very pretty. We dont put any decorations till well into December.....which of course starts tomorrow!

GretchenJoanna said...

That's a cozy scene!!

I think I might wait until my son's family arrives, a week before Christmas, and have them help me with my tree...

Lisa Richards said...

The tree is beautiful! I've been listening to music on YouTube today. Have you ever listened to The Piano Guys? I love them. God bless as you prepare for Christmas!

elizabeth said...

Thanks Elizabeth! yes, hard to believe December is tomorrow!
G-J thanks! I think that is wise to wait to do the tree until family comes!
Lisa R - thanks! Yes, I have listened to the Piano Guys! I can see why you love them! :)

Gloria said...

Hello Elizabeth, Your tree looks very festive. I put away all my fall decorations and will start Christmas decorating tomorrow. I hope you had a wonderful Thanksgiving and many blessings to you as you prepare for all your feast days and Advent celebrations to come.

Granny Marigold said...

Your tree is lovely and I love that you honoured the memory of Cleo by hanging her ornament first. Your livingroom looks very festive.

Nancy said...

Your Christmas tree is beautiful! I would be totally happy perusing your books and looking at your icons and then sitting by the Christmas tree to soak up the atmosphere. Lovely home!

Lisa said...

How cheery everything looks at your place! So cozy and bright. Cleo looks right at home there. :)