Monday, September 02, 2019

(Day 7) without Cleo: swimming, buffet building, casserole baking

















Today was a bunch of highs and lows.
Some of the highs were hearing of a friend's upcoming wedding,
swimming with my sweetheart and making 
more turkey casserole.
The lows included the buffet having some hiccups in building
(we can't figure out how to get the drawer to go in correctly)
and I got super teary later tonight...
this morning I had packed up Cleo's things in her newly cleaned food jar
to keep and the buffet is where she used to eat,
and her little picture frame, yet without a picture, and her sweet Angel
are on the buffet now. 
(The buffet is 2 small identical ones pushed together.)
***
We buried Cleo a week ago today and I was surprised at 
how much I cried today.
I miss that little fur-ball... 
***
Tomorrow I need to go to NYC to return library books
and do some errands. 
I pray that God will get us all through the hard times we have
and that in His mercy, He will forgive us.
May the Lord's loving-kindness be poured out on us! 

3 comments:

Sara at Come Away With Me said...

He will always get us through when we remember to depend on Him. And you are. I join you in a few tears for your sweet Cleo, remembering our own Miss Kitty; it's almost two years now. They do have a constant home in our hearts and we miss their presence. A big hug to you.

Tracy said...

((BIG HUGS)) Elizabeth... these first days without our fur-friend are the hardest! There will be ups, there will be downs... He will catch you either way. ;) We have the very same Willow Tree Angel by our Charlie-kitty's urn/shrine on the home altar. :) Hope you are able to make the drawer right for your lovely new buffet. God Bless you all there... ((LOVE))

Granny Marigold said...

I hope you get the drawer for your new piece of furniture to fit right. We've had Ikea pieces to assemble in the past ( with pictures only, no words) and it has been a challenge.
I believe you live in New Jersey but you often go to NYC. Is it not a long trip?