Monday, September 23, 2019

(Day 28) without Cleo: home again, home again



We are back home. 
My Husband found the beautiful hand painted Italian tray/platter 
at a consignment store in Michigan,
which he bought for me after showing it to me.
I love it.
My name's day (for St Elizabeth the Mother of St John the Baptist) was
last Wednesday and it was my name's day gift!
It's perfect for my collection and I can't wait to use it! 
***
I did have some Cleo-grief moments; a few times early on in my
stay at my parent's house I thought to look at my cell to see if there
was a text with a picture of Cleo from our cat-sitter.
And today I had a quick thought of happiness at the idea of coming
back home and seeing Cleo.
***
I read a really well written book that I picked up at a free library,
called Mockingbird, a novel by Kathryn Erskine.
It was well written but sad; the main character is a lovable 
young woman who has Aspergers who is trying to cope and
come to terms with her older brother's deeply tragic death. 
***
I felt sad about the book but also had to re-process Cleo Cat's death
and absence in my life; that I was coming home and she was not there
to greet me or for me to find to say hi to.
I miss holding her and talking to her and just being with her.
Cats like Cleo are like that - they are missed when they die. 
***
It was really super great to see our family.
I wrote a post summarizing the trip yesterday morning and that
will post, DV, tomorrow morning, to fill you in on
the details of our trip... 
***
I was really glad about it and about all the family we saw.
It was also very busy but the weekend was quieter, though we still
did something every day, including church services.
***
Tomorrow is more unpacking, cleaning and resting.
And ordering some groceries. 
And I am guessing, a nap in the afternoon!
One always needs some rest time after a vacation, esp. one 
as busy as ours was!
***
So SO many of my dear friends and family are struggling
with heavy burdens, often regarding health situations.
Lord have mercy on us!
May God help the exhausted and give comfort,
provision and help to all!
Lord have mercy!!! 

2 comments:

Sara at Come Away With Me said...

That is a very beautiful tray. I love the colors and design. A wonderful gift for your Name Day. I am sorry you are missing Cleo so much; I know it hurts. You gave her the most wonderful life a cat could wish for.

GretchenJoanna said...

I love your tray.

Your visits with family sound wonderful! It's a great gift when we are able to see in person these people that we love. I bet they were all blessed by your willingness to make the journey and be with them!