Wednesday, September 11, 2019

(Day 16) without Cleo: quiet, rest, dishes and meals


 











Today was mainly a quiet day at home...
I lit the lampada by our hand-painted icon of St John the Baptist 
in the morning and we did the 'little tradition' of eating out of bowls all
day and not using knives, as today is the day we remember his death
(if you know the story, you know his head was put on a platter, 
therefore no knives or plates today, just a little thing to acknowledge
and remember the greatest of prophets!)... 
in the evening we read the Akathist to him and I just LOVE the parts about
how he dies and goes to hades to tell everyone that Christ is coming
and it will be EASTER and Christ is going to defeat death forever! 
The Gospel, Christ's gift of eternal life, St John goes down to foretell,
just like he foretold the coming of Christ, telling everyone
to repent and be ready for Christ's coming! 
I love the victory that happens in the midst of his horrific death; 
to keep preaching of Christ's coming!
***
Well, I made the Pasta sauce and I boiled potatoes for dinner,
cut them up, put sunflower seed oil on top and parsley and baked them at 
425F (and then 450F) in our toaster oven. 
***
I did 2 loads of dishes in dishwasher and have it half full again now! 
I am finally done with all of the Slava dinner dishes...
the roasting pans and things are now clean and put away... 
***
I took a nap in the afternoon and used my new Cleo pillow gift...
it really does feel soft just like Cleo and is really nice...
I got another card in the mail about Cleo today in sympathy; 
that was really nice; I have such a kind little stack of cards from various ones
very dear to me, each of them, the people that is, and of course the cards
they sent and I plan on keeping them of course... 
I wish there was a photobook that had 
really good size pockets with space in the book for them,
so that I would have a place to make a photobook and keep the cards
I got with them... but my searches show that this just does not exist yet... 
(esp in a large pocket/envelope size).
***
We went to church tonight for a memorial service for those who died
18 years ago in the 9/11 attacks. 
***
I was struggling a bit today... 
it is about to be a really busy season ahead of us and at times
I am more worried than excited and other times more excited than worried.
***
I bought the rose incense (pictured above) at the Antiochian Village back in June
and saved it for our 7th wedding anniversary.
I am just loving it.
The smell of roses.
It has to be one of my top favourite smells.
There is something so comforting about it.
***
I hope all of you are being up held.
Lord have mercy on us and save us!

2 comments:

Elizabethd said...

Thwere is nothing quite like the scent of roses! So calming.

Granny Marigold said...

I wonder if you could use an 8X8 scrapbook to keep the lovely sympathy cards you've received. The clear pockets would be a bit big but you could back each card with card stock. Just a thought.