Saturday, September 07, 2019

(Day 11) without Cleo: part 2 ~ insomnia edition...




These were the rest of the roses that we had gotten for Cleo...
I gently got rid of them this morning...
3 of them were taken with her body for burial... 



I got this little plant for my Husband as a little surprise from Trader Joes
on Tuesday... it came home in my red purse so that I was sure it did not
get too damaged ... 






It was surprisingly cool today (usually it is still quite hot here)
and I was able to have the window shades up without
worry that it would heat our house up too much...


The new buildings have progressed a lot this summer... 


 I got this sweet tea towel for 3 dollars at a store in Brighton Beach
called St Petersburg... 


I love it so much! It goes perfectly... DV after prayers tonight we will
put the icon of St Phanourios (a great martyr for Christ) in the stand
that you see currently empty on this table... 
I love creating beauty this way, by linens and dishes with
beautiful beeswax candles (which I rub to be sure they are golden,
as often there is a white film that develops as they age)... 



I love that I am slowly gathering such beautiful dishes to have food hot 
and ready to eat in! 
I have rearranged this (above, our 'island' counter)
a bit more since this picture...




A mini little cheese and crackers station :) 
I quickly created it with 2 tray tables,
(we got a set of 4 of them for free with stand to put them on
years ago when someone at a friend's place was getting rid of them!)
I grabbed a piece of dark blue fabric, a woven piece that 
Mr Husband had and with the pair of candles, it was ready for use!


I finally will be able to use my Cheese Knife set that I was given 
as a Pascha (Easter) present! I had a panicked moment when I could not find
this lovely boxed set and I prayed and prayed and looked and looked...
and kept feeling that I had to go back where we keep our cheese board
(not pictured above as we are keeping it simple and only using
soft cheeses) and sure enough, the lovely box set was on the top
of the three shelves (in the open shelving in the buffet that has 
our icons with candles in sand and +Patrick's lamp)...the box
had simply fallen a bit to the back and I did not see it!
They are so pretty and I am so excited to use them!



It's one of the first time I am using the blue bowl above (to the left) as well...
it was a Christmas gift last Christmas!




Some beautiful flowers this Friday that Mr Husband brought home
from work!  I love having lots of flowers for our anniversary dinners!


I heard this song today (the one marked LIVE)
and thought it lovely...


Well, let's see if sleep will come and visit me now, again...
***
May Christ pour out His mercy on us and protect us! 

4 comments:

Nancy said...

Your home is so homey and peaceful! The icons are wonderful.

Elizabeth @ The Garden Window said...

Your home is so lovely, a haven of peace and tranquility; it reminds me of the atmosphere in Stella Sprig's Farm in Gentian Hill :-)

Granny Marigold said...

Your living/dining room is very spacious and so neat and tidy and organized.
The new tea towel is almost too pretty to use and the blue bowl is cute.
I think your new Cactus is a Haworthia Cactus. I got one about a year ago and it already has had 2 babies which I gently moved to their own pot. For a Cactus it grows relatively fast.

Happy Anniversary to you and your husband.

Lisa said...

Very pretty tea towel! I had trouble sleeping last night, and needed two cups of tea this morning to drag me out of it. :) I hope you caught up. (I was just thinking of Gentian Hill this morning!)