Thursday, June 28, 2018

Epic Brunch with my Goddaughter and her Mother

Sausage Cream Gravy and Biscuits 






Scalloped Eggs





Baked Apples (with maple syrup in centre)




Baked potatoes (from left over boiled potatoes)


Biscuits. They were good, but I over-toasted them.
I have made this recipe many times now and it is 
a wonderful one! 
Marion Cunnnigham had classes she did with James Beard
and they made these biscuits. 
So simple and so good! 








I wrote this in April:

So I love cooking and baking challenges for myself.... I researched 3 cookbooks and found recipes that could be easily reheated.... today I have made for an epic breakfast for tomorrow:
1. Biscuits (Marion Cunningham/James Beard recipe)
2. 4 biscuits with added sugar to go with strawberries and sweetened whipped cream 
3. A Cream and Sausage gravy to go with the biscuits 
4. Prepared one breakfast sausage so all it needs is a reheat tomorrow
5. I have 1 dish to make yet - a baked egg dish
I will also have for breakfast
6. Fruit Salad (strawberry, clementine + banana) with a sour cream dip (also strawberries and cream)
7. Crepes (French style, bought pre-made)
8. I want to make a simple baked apple
Also on hand will be:
9. Vanilla yogurt and plain yogurt
10. really good jams
+ coffee and tea!

***
The scalloped eggs, from Marion Cunningham's The Breakfast Book
were quite simple, boiled eggs sliced, 
bread crumbs, butter, I think milk poured on top before baking... 
tasted a lot, I realized a few days later, like French Toast
and was quite good with a bit of maple syrup!
***
The Cream and Sausage gravy was adapted also from Cunningham's book.
As were the baked apples....
Some of the biscuits I added sugar on top to and had those
with strawberries and sweetened whipped cream.
***
It was very good and between that and the dinner I made for the same weekend,
was one of the biggest cooking endeavours that I had done to date.
I am glad I was able to do it.
and such projects really helpful.
We are still in a tough time and we just have to trust God for all of this.

No comments: