Sausage Cream Gravy and Biscuits
Baked Apples (with maple syrup in centre)
Baked potatoes (from left over boiled potatoes)
Biscuits. They were good, but I over-toasted them.
I have made this recipe many times now and it is
a wonderful one!
Marion Cunnnigham had classes she did with James Beard
and they made these biscuits.
So simple and so good!
I wrote this in April:
So I love cooking and baking challenges for myself.... I researched 3 cookbooks and found recipes that could be easily reheated.... today I have made for an epic breakfast for tomorrow:
1. Biscuits (Marion Cunningham/James Beard recipe)
2. 4 biscuits with added sugar to go with strawberries and sweetened whipped cream
3. A Cream and Sausage gravy to go with the biscuits
4. Prepared one breakfast sausage so all it needs is a reheat tomorrow
5. I have 1 dish to make yet - a baked egg dish
I will also have for breakfast
6. Fruit Salad (strawberry, clementine + banana) with a sour cream dip (also strawberries and cream)
7. Crepes (French style, bought pre-made)
8. I want to make a simple baked apple
Also on hand will be:
9. Vanilla yogurt and plain yogurt
10. really good jams
+ coffee and tea!
The scalloped eggs, from Marion Cunningham's The Breakfast Book
were quite simple, boiled eggs sliced,
bread crumbs, butter, I think milk poured on top before baking...
tasted a lot, I realized a few days later, like French Toast
and was quite good with a bit of maple syrup!
The Cream and Sausage gravy was adapted also from Cunningham's book.
As were the baked apples....
Some of the biscuits I added sugar on top to and had those
with strawberries and sweetened whipped cream.
It was very good and between that and the dinner I made for the same weekend,
was one of the biggest cooking endeavours that I had done to date.
I am glad I was able to do it.
I can see how we were in a tough time then and I find cooking
and such projects really helpful.
We are still in a tough time and we just have to trust God for all of this.