Monday, June 18, 2018

Another day




Today was very hot.
I did not go outside until late, after dinner,
walking hand in hand with Mr. Husband in the hot humid air.
The kids did not understand, when I wanted to go under the water
at the play ground -- and kept trying to stop the water
until I told them not to -- and got gloriously wet
on this hot humid evening, walking home, soaking in the 
glories of water cooling the body. 
The house is clean again, I got advice on how to get out a stain
and am working more tomorrow on this.
We got take out for dinner, a luxury that I greatly appreciate. 
We watched a Walton's episode... talked to my Mom on the phone,
enjoyed tea, vegan milk, cookies and chocolate. 
I read this article on Jane Kenyon's peonies and it was lovely.
Tomorrow is going to be hot as well, though not as bad,
from what they say, and Wednesday I hope to go to NYC and get some
errands done, including a trip to Trader Joes.
We all have difficulties in life and yet God promises not to leave us
and to this I seek to cling. 

2 comments:

Elizabeth @ The Garden Window said...

Much love to you xxx

Pom Pom said...

The hot weather wears us out! Prayers for peaceful resolutions, Elizabeth!