Thursday, June 02, 2016

My first 1934 white + chocolate layered cake














 Over the weekend,




I had a bit of an adventure with the white cake, which I made last Friday.
Overall, it was a bit too 'chewy' but still good.
I really liked the way the cake itself turned out,
how it looked when one cut into it
and the taste variety. 
And it was the first time I did a ganache frosting,
based on this recipe. 
Cooling it in the fridge + whipping it with my mixer both helped it.
I kept the cake in the fridge, frosted and covered, overnight.
We then put it, covered of course, in a big freezer bag with an ice pack.
The frosting was still satisfyingly cool when I cut the cake,
and I would like to make it again one day!
Perhaps trying a new vintage white cake recipe... 

3 comments:

Paula said...

Mmm, looks good!

Amanda said...

Yummy!!

Zena said...

The cake looks so good. I'll have to make something from my mums stash of old cook books next time I visit. This looked like fun.