Thursday, July 19, 2012

A special time in late July


I was hoping to go back
to my Orthoman's family holiday
but realized that I was getting
a bit exhausted
and had a lot to do.
So I stayed home.
But here are some pictures from when we were at
Lake Michigan! 



Everyone was having quiet hour time
so the beach was pretty empty during this walk...
I am inheriting lots of nieces and nephews
and had a good time with them...


As a kid my family,
Aunts, Uncles, Cousins, Grandparents, Great Aunt
would all go to Lake Michigan to my
Great Aunt's cottage.
My happiest dreams when I sleep,
I am back there...
 
So it was pretty special to be there
with my Orthoman
for the first time.
We had time for walks, swimming and being
with family.
It was a really special time.
It will be great to see many of these relatives again
at our wedding in September!

3 comments:

margaret said...

What a lovely place! I'm not surprised you dream about it.

elizabeth said...

Thanks Margaret! Yes, it is a special place...

Martha said...

Oh it's so beautiful...I think the Great Lakes are better than the oceans. ♥ We are so fortunate that Ohio is right next to Lake Erie.