Thursday, October 20, 2011

Not Again


I was just laid off my job.

They were very kind.

They are giving me great severance.

I had some real concerns about working there

and felt that they did not fully represent what

the job was.

So overall it is a good thing.

But boy, it is not fun.

I am now going to one of my best friend's for dinner

and will see my godbaby.

Of course I ask your prayers.

*

I also know that God is good and that He is taking care of me.

*

Just like He always has.

11 comments:

Matushka Anna said...

Oh no! Honey, I'm so sorry. (((hugs)))

. said...

Prayers for you. Hang in there!

GretchenJoanna said...

Oh, my...how deflating. May the Holy Spirit comfort you and guide you.

Peacocks and Sunflowers said...

Oh no! sending you hugs. Indeed God always looks after us - but according to His plans, not ours...

mamajuliana said...

I am so sorry. You have my prayers, too.

Athanasia said...

I cannot believe they laid you off! That is absolutely absurd! They had to have known of the possibility of lay offs when they hired you. I consider that false advertising. Geesh - good thing they are giving you a good severance. You deserve it for being put through the ringer with the company.

Michelle M. said...

I'm so sorry to hear that. We will keep praying for you. Hugs!

Anonymous said...

That's horrible. I'm so sorry. I wish I could come round and make you tea and cake. Will be praying.

xxx

Sarah in Indiana said...

Oh my goodness, Elizabeth. How frustrating! I'm so glad you're able to see the silver lining. I'll continue to keep you in my prayers. May you soon find work that's a good fit for you!

DebD said...

oh no! I'm so sorry. I'm glad you're at peace about it.

Beth said...

Prayers for you. I am so sorry to learn of you loss. Peace and goodness.