Saturday, October 22, 2011

Birthday Party for a Dear Friend



After vespers we went to a Greek restaurant


downtown.


I and my birthday-friend both had moussaka.


We split a bottle of red wine made on


Mt. Athos,


bottled in Thessaloniki.


It was a really lovely meal.



I had my place ready and waiting for everyone


(this is actual a feat as my friends


come and help me with my dinner parties


and then we dine together :) ).



The yellow cake with chocolate frosting


was a bit lope-sided as one of the cakes


baked unevenly.


But it tasted great!


Used real butter to make the frosting.


We also had a chai herbal tea


and licorice spice.


Little cookies on my tea tray.


*


A wooden flute, violin and guitar were played.


*


We sang a rousing Happy Birthday with


instruments accompanying it.


It was so lovely to create beauty for my friend.


We can make beauty out of ashes


with God's help


and I was so glad to have this opportunity.

1 comment:

Sarah in Indiana said...

Sounds like a lovely birthday. Many years to your friend!