Wednesday, November 17, 2010

They sought for a city

I've been listening to Nana Peradze
throughout today.
*
My job seeking appointment was rescheduled.
*
Had further problems with a tenant in my building
petty stuff that needs not mentioning
just that it is frustrating
and is part of my life right now.
*
I keep thinking of Elizabeth Goudge's phrase
they sought for a city
from her book Linnets and Valerians
and of the hope of redemption in people's lives.
*
I think I have been sitting wrong,
lots of pain in the shoulder blade area.
Pain though can be redemptive, I pray.
*
I too have sought for a city.
*

4 There is a river whose streams shall make glad the city of God,
The holy place of the tabernacle of the Most High.
5 God is in the midst of her, she shall not be moved;
God shall help her, just at the break of dawn.

Psalm 46:4-5

3 comments:

Matushka Anna said...

Praying for you tonight, dear.

. said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
. said...

Prayers. Hope you are feeling better and that your job prayers are answered soon!