Wednesday, November 17, 2010

They sought for a city

I've been listening to Nana Peradze
throughout today.
*
My job seeking appointment was rescheduled.
*
Had further problems with a tenant in my building
petty stuff that needs not mentioning
just that it is frustrating
and is part of my life right now.
*
I keep thinking of Elizabeth Goudge's phrase
they sought for a city
from her book Linnets and Valerians
and of the hope of redemption in people's lives.
*
I think I have been sitting wrong,
lots of pain in the shoulder blade area.
Pain though can be redemptive, I pray.
*
I too have sought for a city.
*

4 There is a river whose streams shall make glad the city of God,
The holy place of the tabernacle of the Most High.
5 God is in the midst of her, she shall not be moved;
God shall help her, just at the break of dawn.

Psalm 46:4-5

3 comments:

Matushka Anna said...

Praying for you tonight, dear.

Sarah said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Sarah said...

Prayers. Hope you are feeling better and that your job prayers are answered soon!