Saturday, January 10, 2015

{Our time in Michigan} ~ Sjoelen ~ a Dutch game that we played at our parent's house


My Dad got this out for us to play
when we had our family Christmas time...

At first my high scores were only in the 70s,
with my brother-in-law often in the 100s,
but then Mr. Husband and I both learned more 
of the game technique and also got in the 100s...
it's a fun game and pleasant to play.
*
An explanation of the rules is here.
*
It's fun to have a game that is more active...
as I get older the presents of Christmas are not as 
important as doing things with family,
and this game was one of those things!

4 comments:

Juliana said...

My gram had one of those too! We played many a tourney at Christmastime (and other times) on it as a family. My aunt has it now, and it still gets plenty of use! It is a fun game.

Elizabeth @ The Garden Window said...

That looks enormous fun!

elizabeth said...

Juliana, how neat!
Elizabeth, I just loved playing this!

Matushka Anna said...

It looks like so much fun!