Tuesday, January 13, 2015

Elder Paisios, SAINT Paisios!!!



Word is getting around that Elder Paisios was officially canonized today!
We are all waiting the news from Constantinople! 
Meanwhile we are already rejoicing!!!
*
I first saw the news here
and now fellow bloggers are rejoicing here and here,
*
It's still the 12 days of Christmas for us on the Julian calendar,
day 7 in fact and it indeed feels like CHRISTMAS
with a new Saint given to us!!!
*
I've been so happy this morning when I read the news!
Holy Paisios pray to God for us!
May we have your blessing! 
*
Here are some links about the newly Sainted Paisios:
here, here (on children), here (on family life) and here.
*
Update: Akathist here.

4 comments:

Sara at Come Away With Me said...

I just read about it on Facebook, via a post by Frederica Matthewes-Green. Looking forward to learning more about him. Holy Paisios, pray for us!

Elizabeth @ The Garden Window said...

I so love St Paisios! May we blessed by his holy prayers.

Heather said...

What wonderful news! :D

Maureen E said...

I hadn't heard this yet! Glory to God!