Tuesday, January 27, 2015

Bread Baked Before the Blizzard


Using the 5 minute a day recipe that I have used before...


I made up the batter last night and refrigerated it... 


Made three loaves.


Remembered to score them.


I had a hard time getting one or two of them off of the
pizza peel; perhaps I did not have enough corn meal and flour
to keep them from sticking... 


They turned out pretty well though! :)


Mr. Husband came home early from the storm
and we had warm bread together and cups and cups of ginger tea...


So nice to have him home to have some fresh 
bread with butter and jam.


A real blessing!

7 comments:

Lisa said...

While you are suffering a blizzard (well, that delicious looking bread makes it look not so much like "suffering"), we enjoyed our second 60 degree day yesterday! In fact, we drove with the windows down! Today is rainy, foggy, chilly, and my woodstove is providing a cozy atmosphere. Stay warm and safe!
xo Lisa

Paula said...

Hope you are keeping warm and the power stays on. Are you getting much snow? The bread looks delicious.

elizabeth said...

Thanks Lisa!!

Paula ~ the storm pretty much missed us!!! We got maybe 6 or so inches of snow. The wind was quite real though, I must say!!!

Husband working from home and it's nice and cozy! :)

Anonymous said...

Oh, my, does your bread look good. I will have to check out that recipe...maybe you shared it before and I already saved it ;-) That would be like me.
So glad you have your cozy apartment and each other -- and likely enough food to last through the storm!

Elizabeth @ The Garden Window said...

Your bread looks superb! Well done indeed :-)

elizabeth said...

G-J: the link to making the bread is at the top of this post and also in my recipe tab under 'artisan bread' :)

Anonymous said...

I am going to have to try this recipe! I'm giving up boxed/prepackaged carbs for Lent this year...which includes prepackaged bread. This would be perfect!