Saturday, July 11, 2020

Anticipating a Happy Day













We are having my friend Photini over DV tomorrow for tea
and dinner! I am really excited.
It's also the end of the Apostle's fast...
and we will have lamb rolls for lunch and for dinner
we will have DV spaghetti with herbed meat and fia sauce! 
And I made the plum torte! Recipe and info here...
I can tell how hard it is for me not to see people or be able to go out much
because of the ongoing pandemic situation because I am so HAPPY to
have someone over... 
And to eat good festive fast-free food!! 
And we get to go to liturgy, so exciting!!! 
We are doing our best to go to liturgy as often as we are able to
and try to get as "filled up" as one can....
I know this hard world-wide pandemic is not over; 
it is so hard to know what to think and so many are struggling
on so many planes/levels with this... 
Lord have mercy.
When I think of the fall and a possible resurgence of this, 
I can only be very deeply thankful for my life and
for our deep pantry, as one blogger puts it. 
Well, time to wind down, as they say.
May God save us, guide us and have mercy on us!

2 comments:

Elizabethd said...

Elizabeth, your plum torte looks absolutely delicious! Glad you are having a friend over, so nice to have company again.

Granny Marigold said...

The Plum tart looks wonderful! Those are very large plums, at first I thought they were apples. Have a great visit with Photini.