Saturday, July 25, 2020

"Good, But Tired"









I can't complain about our week!
Swimming, walks, an ice cream cone today...
but I would say I am on the tired side of things.
Just a lot on the go... 
my Husband was sweet and we got take out for dinner...
That was a real help!
With the hot weather we are having,
more laundry piles up
because we are still committed to our exercise but well,
hot humid weather = sweaty clothes that need washing!
***
I am reminded so many times how this pandemic is impacting EVERY one.
***
So I keep trying to be thankful for the blessings we DO have.
***
My Grandma told me how her Great Aunt Jen had a sandwich toaster machine 
that would grill sandwiches, like grilled cheese sandwich.
A lot of my Grandma's happy memories seem to involve food; 
one of the recipes she wished she knew from her Mom was 
for an orange cake with boiled frosting. 
She remembers the candies of that time.
***
I think food is just one of the simplest things that everyone
shares and loves.
And I am so glad that I share in this love....
***
I told my Mom I had a dream that I came and brought her sugar.
She laughed and told me no need for that; she had
done a lot of baking and was out of sugar by my Dad and his brother
my Uncle L, went grocery shopping for the cabin trip
they went on and got my Mom a 10 lb bag of sugar!
And here she usually would by half of that :)
***
DV I am looking forward to baking more come fall...
when it is cooler...
***
Meanwhile, I am so glad that things like cooking and baking
are still a mainstay to so many of us.
***
May God have mercy on us all and save us!

4 comments:

Granny Marigold said...

That lily got my attention...I think it's a Tiger Lily and I have a couple that look very much like it but are not open yet. But full of buds. Have a blessed Sunday.

Diana said...

I remember when my mama made grilled cheese sandwiches when I was little. She used her electric pancake griddle, which I have kept and still use to this day for that. *thinks about grilled cheese* Might need to make some grilled cheese sandwiches now lol. // I love tiger lilies! My son has some in his front garden that are from seeds saved from a previous place we lived. They sure make the area cheerful and bright with their orange color! Blessings to you, dear friend!

Lisa Richards said...

Your grandmother's sandwich grilling machine sounds like a panini (spelling?) grill. Glad you're enjoying food and exercise. Keep up the good work! I think we're all enjoying getting outside into the open air! Our hiking and biking trail is pretty busy! :)

Gloria said...

Hello Elizabeth! It sounds like you are working hard to take care of yourself physically and spiritually. I hope that your trips into NYC have gone well. My husband was talking about grilled cheese sandwiches just the other day. You have inspired me to get out the griddle and make him one soon. Blessings to you!