Thursday, July 16, 2020

Perfect Weather Today and Other Adventures









I wrote this earlier this morning....
***
So some things I am thankful for...

1. That I woke up again today and was able to say Thank You to God.
2. That on social media 
I am still in touch with people I can't visit and see even beautiful pictures of them.
3. Texting with friends and family.
4. Summer wonderful ripe peaches.
5. Plum torte.
6. The chicken, potato and carrot dinner I made in our crock pot. 
7. Marion Cunningham's Rescue Biscuits that are so easy to make.
8. Funny but true, google is my spell check and often my spelling teacher. And today I remembered how to spell Biscuits (the U and second "I" was tripping me up).
9. That it is OK to admit that I am not that great at spelling (for example) and I still know that I am loved and that it is OK to admit weakness.
10. We've been able to attend church this summer and boy do I thank God for that.
11. Ice cream
12. You! I am thankful for you!
***
I am also so thankful that I was able to do 9 laps in the swimming pool,
for Psalms, for prayer, for my Husband... 
and that we were able to meet a friend for lunch outside and have
burgers and fries, the first time my Husband has been at a 
restaurant since March... 
***
Yes, I am going to struggle with sadness about this pandemic; 
most people are; I love the Psalms esp as they can fit any situation
and that alone is a blessing....
***
Grief is OK; the key, I have been told and am learning, is to 
move through the grief, through but not stuck never to get out.
If I don't acknowledge my personal grief, it will merely harm me,
most likely by sending stress into my neck and shoulder muscles.
I learned this the hard way many years ago when we had some 
real tough times with some serious losses over 20 years ago.
I've learned a thing or two since then. 
***
I talked to a good friend on Monday for a good while and afterwards
I realized, because of our conversation, on a different level, 
that I was in a lot of grief about the pandemic and the lost chances
of seeing our families in person. 
That really helped me actually....to have that 'ah-ha' moment...
***
I am also thankful that at present NJ is not bad in terms of the Dread Virus.
I was even able to get a "freebie" from a promotion from our grocery delivery service;
this used to be their norm but when the pandemic hit and they were slammed with orders,
all of the normal fun things went as it was 
'All Hands On Deck' which is totally understandable.
I remain so proud of how good our grocery stores did in all of this.
I am so very thankful that we have been so blessed in this area.
***
So, that's how it is.
***
May God help us.
There are such real and difficult struggles right now
for everyone.  May God save us and have mercy on us!

4 comments:

Granny Marigold said...

Making a gratitude list is always a great idea. I like yours a lot.
Google spell check is a big help to me too.

Paula said...

That is a good list. Sometimes we just need to stop and remember all the good things we have in our lives.

Mary said...

That candy !!! Where did you get that candy? And those awesome looking drinks- I can see the 'chill' on the bottles. What a wonderful looking lunch treat!!! You're gratitude list is so spot on Elizabeth. In the Psalms, we are told that He will live in the praises of his people. God is with us.

Lisa Richards said...

Yes, great list! I notice a lot of food items in there, lol.
That pool looks like great fun! I haven't been swimming in a million years. The pool is always too far away. I'm a terrible swimmer, but I think I would enjoy it if I had a chance to practice.
There are many good things to be thankful for.
Those burgers look delish! (I have some ground beef thawing in the fridge!)
God bless!