Monday, July 06, 2020

Busy (Indoor) Days










I wrote this earlier today:
Another reason why I am blessed to have Mr Husband as my Husband... our AC needs to be serviced and the roof top access is in the ceiling of our walk-in pantry.... he took the morning off (other than one short meeting) so he could help with this and carry the heavy boxes of smaller things that I filled (canned goods, mason jars, jams etc). My father-in-law built our pantry shelves and with the top shelves being made to be removed easily for roof top access... it's all ready now and the AC person comes tomorrow morning! Our AC is not fully broken so it's still OK in our house. I am so thankful! And we are getting some new plastic boxes (I have some already and LOVE them) to store some things in more easily! So double thankfulness!
***
It was a lot of work... 
and after we had just done a huge amount of work on our library itself...
this afternoon I had a much needed nap!
We will see if the AC can be serviced tomorrow...
we had some real big storms this afternoon and
T-storms are still in forecast for tomorrow and if there is lightening,
then nothing can be done as the AC unit is on the roof...
***
We watched another Walton's episode... 
some are especially well acted, as this one was... 
***
I've been enjoying reading this blog esp for the pantry posts...
and for the reminder that we need to keep praying and seeking Christ... 
I am so grateful for our pantry...
I don't know what is going to happen with the pandemic but 
if it comes back badly to NJ, at least I will be ready with my
pantry... but hoping for grocery delivery service as well...
***
The last picture is of a book I recently began that I bought
used, I have not read anything by her and there's not a lot about her online.
So far, am enjoying it but am just at the beginning...
***
Have any of you been thinking about Christmas?
I do at times, wondering if we can have any sort of Thanksgiving dinner 
with friends or Christmas dinner with friends. 
How to cope if we can't and what to do to celebrate...
I've thought about how I may decorate this year,
how it can be special even if the unwanted possibility of 
not be able to be at church happens, etc.  
***
We've been able to go to church more, 
wearing masks, practicing social distancing,
but just being there is wonderful.
I feel like this summer is a time that we are to take advantage of 
in whatever way is possible,
for getting 'filled up' again, to try to gain some peace
and inward strength for whatever is next. 
At the same time, I see this also includes need for rest, 
in whatever way is possible.
Everyone's situation is different....
***
May God have mercy on us and help us! 

4 comments:

Granny Marigold said...

I love your walk-in pantry! It's neatly arranged. I have one also but I couldn't seem to keep it as neat as I wanted so I asked my DH to make doors so the contents are hidden.
I must admit I have given no thouht to Thanksgiving and Christmas yet. It seems we're still waiting for summer to appear.

Pilgrim said...

Yes, I think of Christmas. I read Christmas poetry almost daily. This morning, I ordered All Creation Rejoices, by Fr Akrotirianikis.

My pile:
The Young Oxford Book of Christmas Poems (Harrison and Stuart-Clark)
Bright Star Shining: Poems for Christmas, Harrison
Best-loved Christmas Carols, Readings, and Poetry (Martin Manser)
The Oxford Book of Christmas Poems (Harrison)
Christmas Poems (Everyman’s Library of Pocket Poets), Hollander and McClatchy
A Year Full of Poems, Harrison

I recommend it.

Lisa said...

Oh my goodness, that first photo! I feel tired just imagining the work! I do wonder about Christmas. My cousins usually have a get-together around July 4th at the shore, but that didn't happen.

Becki said...

Oh my! What a lot of work. I hope you have your AC fixed by now, and maybe your pantry is getting back together. I'd need a nap after all that. ;^) No thoughts for now about the fall and winter holidays. I don't want to think that far into the future. I'm sure social distancing will still be with us and I just don't want to contemplate yet what that may mean for the holidays. :( OTOH, DH will be well on the mend after his recent surgery, so maybe we'll feel we can expand our socializing more. Time will tell.