Wednesday, July 01, 2020

A consoling read


I got my hair cut today!
It was down about 4 inches below the shoulder, 
those 4 inches are gone now :) 
My Husband is going through a brief adjustment to my
having shorter hair...he loves my hair long and naturally curly...
but I understand this adjustment, I love the haircut I gave my 
Husband but I loved his thick hair long as it was too :) 
***
I began reading what I would call an Orthodox Classic,
I was consoled by his story, esp about his wish to live
in a place of peace... 
(he was a Monk who was given a duty that was in a very social busy 
situation that caused him a lot of trouble, he wished to live more in solitude and pray)... 
and I was reminded to make the most of my time in this circumstance
we are in... and to be thankful... indeed, I can see how in the 2 months
of almost total isolation, how God helped us through it
and how Sunday was still Sunday because of our efforts, 
even when we could not go to church...
***
thank you everyone who leaves such kind comments,
and Diane, thank you for your prayers, I can't thank you enough :) 
***
Well, I need to get to bed LOL! DV we are going to church
(with masks of course) for St John of Shanghai and San Francisco's day tomorrow! 
He was a really cool Saint, who led his flock from China, to the Philippines, 
to San Francisco... they had to leave Russia (and later China) because of 
persecution of Christians... he prayed a LOT and loved a LOT and
the stories of how he would care about those sick in hospital, or 
of the MANY orphans he took care of, including in China, 
they are so wonderful and consoling stories. 
***
Well.  It is good to remember how God gets us through things.
May He give us His peace, consolation and mercy...and protection! 

No comments: