Sunday, July 19, 2020

A Beautiful Encouraging Weekend









We went to our far-away church on Saturday and Sunday
both for morning liturgies! 
It was so nice to be there
and to see church family afterwards!


Mary, you asked about these candies!
I think they are German; my friends from Romania who
live in Ottawa gave them to us years ago 
and we just are enjoying them now; 
it is amazing how well they kept and are quite fun!
We have one more serving from this small bag to enjoy! 


This rose my husband saw,
it was up high, 
taller than myself, so I put my phone up to it
and took this picture.
Amazing how it turned out, 
as I was not able to do anything beyond lift up my phone
to take the picture and make sure it was not blurry! 
***
This week is going to be quite hot!
We hope to go swimming early and walking late...
***
May God help us all...
and have mercy on us!

4 comments:

Lisa Richards said...

That pizza looks SO GOOD! Can you tell I'm hungry? I've been on a restricted diet for a few months, but I might have to allow myself a little pizza soon! :)
Glad you got to go to church. The walking and swimming sound like a good combo! Have fun! :)

Granny Marigold said...

You got a great photo of that lovely rose.
Those chocolate balls look delicious.
It's very hot here too. I guess it's what we can expect in July and August.

Diana said...

That is a most amazing photo of that rose! Sometimes the hardest pictures to take turn out to be the best, and that is what you did here! Mmm that piuzza looks yummy. I'm astounded that candy is still good, I've never heard of those lasting this long. I had some at a friend's years back that she made from scratch (German, yes) when we did a German/Mennonite ancestry food celebration with others in the area. I thought they were very tasty. Be blessed and stay well, my dear friend!

matushka constantina said...

Your pictures are all lovely! I especially like the ones of the church; the church is extremely beautiful!

I'm glad to hear you had an encouraging weekend. It's wonderful to have the opportunity to see a snapshot of the simple but pleasant things in others' daily lives. Thank you for the snapshot!