Saturday, July 04, 2020

It's Been Good


Friday and today my beloved Husband and I worked on 
our library.
This is our Madeleine L'Engle collection.
I put it in order of publication and then back on the shelves.
We wrote ever book we cared about (about 1/3 of our library or so)
in a spreadsheet, catalouging with everything save an actual catalouging number. 
***
We enjoyed the takeout leftovers and we have some reorganization left to do
but we have finally been able to put some things in a better order.
***
It's been a really blessed week as we were able to go to church so many times
after such a long time without any church to go to.
***
May God protect us and have mercy on us all!

4 comments:

Diana said...

Wow! Look at your library! I'm truly impressed. I just have a few books on the lower shelf in my secretary. And upper shelf has notebooks with my genealogical/family history research. I'm so glad to know you had a better week - still keeping you in daily prayers! Blessings to you, dear friend!

Pom Pom said...

Hi Elizabeth! Oh, I'm so glad you can go to church again! I love your organizing plans and doings. Books are such fun. How I love them.

Lisa Richards said...

Sounds like fun, organizing your library! I'm trying to let books go as I read them. There are a very few I'll keep to read again, but I'm trying to be honest with myself about whether or not I'll read them again. Most of the keepers are C.S. Lewis, Jan Karon's novels, and some art and children's books. But many will sit there for years before I get around to them. And then there's the tote full out in my daughter's barn, lol. But I'd like to think I can get rid of a lot of those when the time comes. I know there are a few keepers, but hopefully not many. Though I prefer "real" books, I also have a ton of them in my Kindle. It's a good feeling to know you always have a little something to read if you need it! :)

Granny Marigold said...

I didn't realize that Madeleine L'Engle wrote quite that many books!
Organizing your books sounds like a fun project ( but a lot of work).